MOMS Canada Executive Director (Part-Time): Stony Plain, Alberta
Contact Person: Len Lewin
MOMS Canada is a Registered Christian Charity that empowers single moms and their children to achieve success in their lives. MOMS Canada has been operating in the Parkland area since 2009.
Position Summary:The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the overall management and long-term strategy of MOMS Canada and all aspects of its operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure that the organization has quarterly and long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress by setting measurable goals.
- Create and implement plans to increase individual donations to reach financial goals
- Provide leadership in developing program plans, organizational plans and financial plans as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal and local regulations.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the board in preparing a budget and see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure all organizational policies and procedures are updated.
- Seek to expand MOMS Canada community presence and public awareness of the organization’s services and efforts.
- Build financial relationships with local churches and businesses.
- Create and implement marketing strategies, including release of press packets, news releases, social media, newsletters and website.
- Oversee screening of potential mentors and ensure monthly training for mentors is provided.
- Complete intake and interview process for single moms and ensure a mentor is assigned in a timely fashion.
- Prepare updated monthly reports.
- Prepare reports for Annual General Meeting.
- Lead monthly staff meetings.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings.
- Ensure plans and preparations are in place for events.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and an ability to identify and prioritize issues and tasks.
- Understands and applies relevant rules.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works well with others.
- BA or equivalent
- MA in Business, Social Work, Non-profit management or related field.
- Five plus years’ experience in a non-profit or similar field.
- Fundraising experience
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position, please submit your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.